Tristan Pilling’s achievements:
It’s been a very good year for our youngest member of the club who has competed in various events throughout the year details of his achievements are:
- 10 mile = 20:20
- 25-mile = 54:06 (3rd placed 15year old in the National 25 mile Championship)
- Winner of the Colne Circuit Race League
- 3rd place in the Ashton-under-Lyne Circuit Race League
- 3rd place in the ACT Track League ‘A’ Group
- Winner of the M+DTTA Cheshire Championship
- Winner of the M+DTTA Junior BAR (2×10-miles & 2×25 miles) on Cheshire Courses
- Winner of the M+DTTA Junior/Juvenile Championship (25-mile in 58:20)
- 2nds place in the M+DTTA Juvenile Championship (2x 10-miles)
- Competed in the Rake Hill Climb in a time of 3:21
This will take place on Friday November 24th at 8:00pm at the Club room.
During the AGM the club review the positions within the club for the following 12 months, the following positions will be available since those in a position are stepping down at the AGM. If you are interested in applying for any of he following roles then make members aware:
- Club Secretary
- Track Championship Organiser
- Social Secretary
Hill Climb 2017:
The Hill Climb took place on Sunday October 15th, at 11:30am the results are:
Track Championship 2017:
The first of the 2017 Track Championship sessions took place at the Manchester Velodrome on Thursday March 30th. Click on this link to view the results – MCC – Track Championship 2017 – Session 1 Results
Some members of the club are / will be competing in Time Trials over the coming weeks. The first of which is due to take part on Saturday 11th March 2017. Members have booked onto the following Time Trials:
- 10-mile – Saturday 11th March (M&DTTA)
- 10-mile – Saturday 18th March (M&DTTA)
- 10-mile – Saturday 25th March (M&DTTA)
- 25-mile – Saturday 1st April (Withington Wheelers)
All events cost £8 and are held on Cheshire. Contact Cliff Rowe or Hilda Hitchen for event entry forms and further information.
Club Membership is due for the 2017 season, prices are as follows:
- Senior = £18
- 2nd Claim = £18
- Junior = £9
- Social Member – £12
Ticket for the Annual Award and Prize Presentation which takes place on Sunday February 26th are on sale priced at £23pp, Tickets and menu list/options are available from Club Secretary Mrs Hilda Hitchin.
Dates for your Diary:
- The first Club Ride of 2017 has been arranged for Sunday 22nd January, meeting outside the Middleton Arena the ride will go to Bramhall Hall.
- The first Open Meeting of 2017 will take place at the Club Room on Friday January 27th at 8:30pm
- The Annual Award and Prize presentation will take place at the Norton Grange Hotel on Sunday February 26th at 12:30pm.